Letter of Introduction

 

Dear Prof Brad,

My name is Benjamin Chia, and I am writing to introduce myself to you as a student in your communication class. I graduated from Temasek Polytechnic with a diploma in mechatronics engineering. I chose to enroll in the Singapore Institute of Technology because it offers its own applied degree programs with a unique pedagogy that integrates work and study, providing students with the opportunity to undertake real work, and apply the theories I learn in class with actual practice. SIT also offers industry-focused degree programs targeted at growth sectors of the economy and is in partnership with world-class universities.

I decided to join the mechanical engineering program to develop my technical skills. My goal is to work in the automation industry because I enjoy programming, testing, and problem-solving. Mechanical engineers can operate in the automation sector, and they are essential to the success of automation. Mechanical engineers may design and create self-operating machines or program them using C, Java, JavaScript, and Python.

My hobbies are playing sports and online games, especially football, and basketball. I have played sports since I was young and during my time in secondary school, I represented them in football in the east zone as a starting goalkeeper and played doubles for table tennis. These hobbies have contributed to the development of my communication skills, as playing a team sport, and outperforming your opposition team requires good communication within the team.

I do have a particular weak point, which is public speaking. Speaking in front of an audience always makes me anxious and I tend to speak too fast and mispronounce words. My objective for this module is to improve my public speaking abilities. I believe good presentation skills will help with my career advancement in the future as it displays critical thinking skills and leadership abilities.

Yours sincerely,

Benjamin Chia

Read: Wai Kit, Dora, Nazran.

Edited on 15/09/22

Comments

  1. Hello Benjamin! The letter is well written with a few mistake. In the second paragraph, 'problem-solving. mechanical engineers' should be 'problem-solving. Mechanical engineers'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Benjamin,

    Thanks for the detailed yet concise letter. I appreciate the content aligned with your interest in engineering and studying at SIT. It's also interesting to learn about your perceived comm strength and weakness.

    There are some issues with language use. You need to review your use of lengthy sentences and consider this one in particular:
    -- I decided to join the mechanical engineering program to develop my technical skills, my goal is to work in the automation industry as I enjoy programming, testing, and problem-solving. > (comma splice)

    I look forward to reading more of your writing this term.

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summary Reader Response Draft 4

Reaction to “Critical Thinking: The Soul of Communication”